Girls Dead Monster is an all-girls band made of students from the afterlife school. Also known to their fans as GirlDeMo, it is a sub-division and affiliation of the SSS, cooperating in certain operations.
Background[edit | edit source]
Girls Dead Monster was founded by Masami Iwasawa and Hisako, who rediscovered music for the first time in the afterlife by pure chance. Both Iwasawa and Hisako had problems related to music during their life (Iwasawa turned to music to escape her parents' constant fighting while Hisako vowed to never play an instrument after the death of a friend), but they eventually decided to embrace their restored passion in music. They eventually began to play music even during school hours, and their music became famous throughout the school.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Diversionary Music[edit | edit source]
After the integration of Girls Dead Monster into the Afterlife War Front, they acted as the diversionary force for the said group, using their charisma and their music in various missions, ranging from the task of getting food coupons for getting food for the members of the SSS to drowning out the sound of gunfire as they initiate operations against Angel.
Leaders[edit | edit source]
Members[edit | edit source]
- Iwasawa (lead vocalist/guitarist)
- Hisako (lead guitarist)
- Miyuki Irie (drummer)
- Shiori Sekine (bassist)
- Yui (assistant, became the lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist after Iwasawa's passing)
Anime insert Songs[edit | edit source]
These songs have been played during the continuity of the anime.
- Crow Song (episode 1)
- Alchemy (episode 3)
- My Song (Iwasawa's solo and last performance; episode 3)
- Thousand Enemies (Yui's first performance as GirlDeMo's lead vocalist and Iwasawa's last written song; episode 5)
Other Songs[edit | edit source]
- Little Braver
- Highest Life
- Rain Song
- Shine Days
- Answer Song
- Run With Wolves (The ending is played in the first OVA)
- Morning Dreamer
- My Most Precious Treasure (insert song in episode 10)
- Last Song
- God Bless You
- Hot Meal (Another 'Thousand Enemies')
- My Soul Your Beats
- Storm Song
- Day Game
- Million Star
- Hungry Song
Merchandise[edit | edit source]
The OST CD came out the 22nd of May covering the songs from the anime plus additional numbers.
A special Girl Dead Monster album was released 28 July 2010, named "Keep the Beats!", it covers the Yui versions of the older songs and the newer GirlDeMo songs. It is shipped with a limited edition Girls Dead Monster guitar pick and music sheets.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Marina and LiSA were the ones who sang the GirlDeMo songs.
- In Angel Beats! Heaven's Door on Chapter 26, prior to the formation of the band, Yuri Nakamura and Shiina were the first to play with Hisako and Iwasawa under the band name "4 Guitar Women" during the early days of SSS. It didn't last long however, as their first gig was outrageous much to Hisako's chagrin and immediately disbanded right after.
- The cover of the album "Keep the Beats!" has a resemblance of Bon Jovi's album cover "Keep the Faith"
- The lead vocalist, Iwasawa, is voiced by Sawashiro Miyuki (voice actor) and Marina (singing voice), the same voices as Sala Shane, lead vocalist of the fictional band ZHIEND, from the anime, Charlotte, also by KEY.