The main purpose of the SSS is to provoke the presence of God in a variety of ways, including violent means, which is usually targeted at the Student Council President, who they assumed to work under God. This stems from the ideals of Yuri, current leader and founding member of the organization, that God is the one responsible for the sufferings they experienced in the living world and they wish to exact revenge for it.
Operation meetings are held in the Anti-Angel Headquarters with traps set at the entrance to prevent Angel from intruding their meetings. The principal's office was their de facto meeting place since its foundation during the events of Heaven's Door manga.
There is no certain number of affiliated members of the organization, but it can be estimated to be a large amount if the figures of its sub-divisions are also included.
- Operation Principal Room Heist
- Operation Campfire
- Operation Demon's Picnic
- Operation Tornado
- Guild Descent Operation
- Angel's Assault Operation (Operation Angel Area Invasion)
- Operation Monster Stream
- Operation High Tension Syndrome
- Operation Demon Monster
- Yuri Nakamura (leader and co-founder)
- Hideki Hinata (co-founder)
- Yuzuru Otonashi
- Ayato Naoi
- Masami Iwasawa
- Many unnamed members
Although not directly affiliated with the SSS, these two sub-divisions act accordingly with Yuri's plans, assisting in most of the major operations of the organization.Iwasawa on vocals and rhythm, Hisako on lead guitar, Irie on drums, and Sekine on bass.
Their main purpose is to serve as a diversion for missions which require SSS to move without arousing suspicion from other students, particularly "Operation Tornado", which involves taking food coupons from NPCs for their reserves. Their songs are very famous with the students and the band uses this to help out while the rest of SSS covertly proceeds with their plans.
After Iwasawa's disappearance, Yui, the band's promotion assistant, assumes the role of vocals and rhythm guitarist.Chaa, the man who first demonstrated the ability to create objects out of dirt.
- The motto of Shinda Sekai Sensen's coat of arms states, "Rebels Against the God".
- The three S's of the logo bear structural resemblance, if not reference, to the sig runes in the insignia of the paramilitary organization Schutzstaffel (abbreviated SS), which was under Adolf Hitler during World War 2.
- Yuri and Hinata were the first official members, with Ooyama and Chaa joining shortly after.
- In the first episode, they changed the name of the battlefront (Originally "Like-Hell-I'm-Dead Battlefront"), but they agreed to change it back to the original name: Shinda Sekai Sensen, or in the English version, the Afterlife Battlefront.
- Before every operation, Yuri will announce once and loudly "Operation Start!"
- There is an ongoing joke that the members of the Shinda Sekai Sensen could never agree on an official name, and it was always changed (examples include the "Not Yet Dead Battlefront, "Desperate Battlefront", "Suicide Core Battlefront," the "Afterlife Battlefront," the "Almost Dead Battlefront", and the comical "Barnacle Battlefront").