- "But please, call me Christ"
Takeyama (竹山, Takeyama) is an intelligent young man who is good at hacking computers. He wrote the "Briefing Manager" program that Yuri uses to brief the SSS prior to the mission. He insists everyone call him by his username "Christ", although everyone still calls him by his real name and he is usually ignored or interrupted by others. He tries to execute all plans as perfectly as possible. He does not engage in combat or any other physical operations, but rather gathers data and information.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Personality[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Takeyama is not called on for combat duties but is relied on for any aspects that require understanding of programming. He is somewhat hindered by his level of English fluency (which is likely about the same as a normal Japanese student) but Yuri anticipated it and has called on a few unnamed SSS members who were proficient in the language to accompany him whenever they need to investigate the Angel Player software. Takeyama is also able to knock out people with lower IQ than him (E.g: Noda) by reciting pi
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Every time his name was called, he will always respond "Would you please call me Christ?"
- He and Takamatsu are the only members to wear glasses.
- It is unknown how Takeyama died, when he end up in the Afterlife, and what his regret was.
- In the 3rd Angel Beats! Drama CD, all of them calls him Christ, but he didn't like it being called, despite he wanted to be called Christ in the anime. Because after getting reincarnated, he was known to be a 'storekeeper'. Thus, he wanted to be adressed as "Takeyama-storer."