Article Name Change?Edit
This page should be renamed as "Kanade Tachibana" as it is Angel's real name. 389e 17:34, May 9, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree...but still, the entire cast (except possibly for Otonashi) refers to her as Angel despite knowing her name, which, overall, makes it a more known nickname. Manudom91 20:13, May 10, 2010
- I suggest simply leaving it like now and just redirecting "Kanade" to this page Tomas92 01:08, May 11, 2010
- Actually, wouldn't a better idea be to just rename the page to 'Kanade "Angel" Tachibana'? Includes both her nickname and real name. Earthfairys 08:35, May 11, 2010 (UTC)
- It's better to keep the article name as is. For one, changing it would be an instant spoiler for first-timers of the series since she was introduced about halfway into the series. I just created a redirect page for "Tachibana Kanade". ----Herald of meridian 13:52, May 11, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't really think that is a good enough reason. First-timers themselves should know better than to check out an information site like a wiki. It is well known that wikis are full of spoilers. We are suppose to put up information, and if we do not put up important information, thinking that they are all spoilers, we wouldn't even need a wiki. Earthfairys 11:56, May 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Agreed, I still think the page should be renamed to "Kanade Tachibana", The Charbox on the page is already titled "Kanade Tachibana". Another thing, considering the pages on this wiki a spoiler warning should be placed on the front page. 389e 16:58, May 15, 2010 (UTC)
Kanji for TachibanaEdit
The current kanji for "Tachibana" on the page may be wrong, after looking around I have found several kanji for "Tachibana" (立花 (on the page currently)), (橘 (on the Wikipedia page) and (立華 (seen on MyAnimeList page for Tenshi)). Does anyone know which one is the real one? For now I am going to remove the Kanji from the Page. 389e 17:14, May 15, 2010 (UTC)
- Very likely 立華奏 as this version is used in her poster ("BOOK in BOOK 奏でられたココロ") of the Newtype 6/2010. --220.127.116.11 00:37, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
Well, seeing as the anime is called Angel Beats,a nd Tenshi is Japanese for Angel, should we rename the page Angel?
- We'll be staying in Romaji. She's starting to be more popular as Tenshi rather than Angel. ----Herald of meridian 02:23, May 26, 2010 (UTC)
Possible anachronism? Edit
(Note: Spoilers for season one)
So, apparently Tachibana came to the world to thank Otanashi for donating his heart. It's a powerful story arc overall, but I'm left a bit confused: Shouldn't Otanashi have come to the world before Angel? If Angel is a visiting human why does she describe herself in "Miunderstandings and a Plot" as more of an artifice of the world meant to force everyone to move on (her 'role')? I can understand her deciding to help the others in this form, but it seems odd that she describes it as her purpose when her true purpose was to visit with the man who donated his heart.
Can anyone shed some light on why Tachibana arrives well before Otanashi, or why she is so adept at altering herself in that world (hand sonic, etc.) in a way none of the other humans are able? Is this a hand-wave moment where we excuse it by saying the time of death in the real world has nothing to do with the time in the other world when they arrive? ACisHere 11:52, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
- People believe that time in the afterlife work in a different way than time on Earth, and so people might arrive in different time intervals regardless at what time they died on Earth. Kanade might have arrived very early by pure chance, and her "role" might have developed when she began to lose friends while she waits for the owner of her heart (her "purpose).
- There have been plans on making an official VN based on Angel Beats! and I hope it clears up many questions and things left unknown, like the pasts of many of the members of SSS and how they stumbled upon the Afterlife. heraldofmeridian♣ 01:59, September 8, 2011 (UTC)
- I thought so. Thanks for verifying for me. By the way, while your answer does explain the anachronism, I personally think it's rather convienent storytelling. But, hey, personal preference and all that.
- What is VN short for?
- I hope the fandom does see more canon development as I felt pretty cheated when the anime wrapped up so quickly, leaving so many characters with no backstory about how they came to the discontented Afterlife. So many things got brushed over towards the end I felt like I was scarcely able to keep up. Anyways, have a good one! ACisHere 02:19, September 8, 2011 (UTC)
Is living should be changed,because you saw that moment in the life after the Afterlife,where they meet again...
Which means that the every member of SSS is really alive.
18.104.22.168 12:36, April 21, 2012 (UTC)Karel
Heart indescrepencies Edit
So she got her heart from Yuzuru Otonashi.... Okay...
It is never indicated how old she is, but I wanna guess somewhere from 15-18?
Otonashi graduated from college with a medical degree and was going to get country certification. This means he graduated high school (18 years) and then went through 11-18 years of medical school....
Can anyone explain to me why the heart of a tall 29-36 year old was transplanted in a short eighteen year old???? The writers skipped a couple of details XDDDDD. That heart could barely be less compatable XD
22.214.171.124 00:00, September 24, 2012 (UTC)
- The medical school part was probably skipped by the writer. Otonashi there doesn't look like a 30 year old, actually. There are rumors that say that the visual novels might fix some problems with the anime series' story. heraldofmeridian♣ 01:21, September 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Okay. I'll just make a correction. I don't think that he really graduated college. In episode 7, he's holding a University Enrollment Selection Form, so I think it's an entrance examination to a certain university.
- Plus, in asia, age doesn't define your height and appearance. I've seen girls shorter by a foot than me who's around 5-8 years older than me, so I think this makes sense. And also, as you said, it's never indicated how old are they.
- Okay, but here's my plot to that. Check episode 7 for references again to know I'm right or wrong. When you saw Yuzuru in front of a bulletin board checking the grades, he's a high school student there, and I'm certain to it. After that scence, there, the train station. His appearance didn't change a bit, so I think he's about to enter a medical school.
- By the way, 29-36 year old people in asia doesn't look like that.
What the hell!? Who deleted everything?
Thankfully, only Kanade, Yuri, Yuzuru, and Hinata's pages were the only ones infected.
Can one of the admins ban Wiki Contributers from this wiki due to someone deleting everything and placing it all with unneeded spam?
I like Kanada she cute and pretty and a badass which is not a bad thing